Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Paper dolls

My mother gave me these paperdolls this weekend when we visited a museum.
There are reproductions but beautiful none the less...

I feel so inspired by the outfits I just want everyone of them! Hope I can copy some to make them fit me...



They're made by Gerda Vinding a Danish illustrator who made a ton of these dolls including a very famous one from the 50's called 'Marie' (actually 'Store Marie' (Big Marie)) it was made to promote a biscuit -later came 'Lille Marie' (Little Marie) and 'Sorte Marie' (Black Marie) all representing different types of biscuits. They came in the box when you bought the biscuits and there were about 500 dresses to collect!

Gerda won a 2. price in a big paperdoll contest in Los Angeles in 1991 for one of her 'Bridal' dolls.
Sad to say I don't know much more about her but I'll try to research...

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE I CAN BUY GERDA VINDING PAPER DOLLS, PLEASE? THANK YOU SO MUCH. MY EMAIL IS KLEINEOMA@AOL.COM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...