Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy 50th Birthday, Mom!

It's my mother, Gitte's 50th birthday today! She had a big party for all of her friends and family Saturday and we stayed up 'till the early morning celebrating her and playing all her favorite Elvis songs (all his songs..)
Here she is with me in her lap in the late (-you guessed it..) 70's... The photographer must have applied an orange filter -in real life her hair was brown and mine blond.
Even though she was born in the same year as Barbie she never actually had a real Barbie doll herself (they were too expensive...) only a rip-off called a mannequin doll. For Mother's Day this year I bought her a real Barbie doll, a reproduction of the 1959 version with dark brown hair. I made a 1950's inspired wedding dress for it using tulle and vintage lace with lily-of-the-vally flowers on it (my mothers favorite flowers..) She loved it!
For her birthday my sister and I got her a gift card for a tattoo! She's always wanted Tinkerbell from her favorite cartoon Peter Pan, but never did.. now she's going to! She was so happy!
Love you, Mom!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...