Monday, December 7, 2009

Santa Baby...


Two years ago my husband and I started up a small business. Right after we opened our shop the economic crisis hit and we've had to turn every penny ever since. The vacation we went on in October we saved up for for two years and therefore we've spend hardly nothing on each other and ourselves (my birthday present from my husband was a note (not a card..) saying how much he loves me and that some day when we could afford it he would buy me an Iphone.. I was quite disappointed.. and I still haven't got an Iphone -not sure I even want it anymore...)
Our dream of a bigger appartment, or even better, a house, is put on hold and my husband had to take two extra jobs so I can tend our shop, still the money is scarse but we have a dream and we'll stick to it untill it seems too unrealistic.
Christmas is always very expensive for us -the majority of our close family -my father, my mother, my mother in law, my daughter, my sister and my husband all have birthdays in November, December and January.. and we have to travel to visit them all.
Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, we love each other, we're healhty, we don't go to bed hungry and we do have a roof over our head eventhough it's a very small roof (we only have two bedrooms one for us and one for my daughter, so no livingroom, office etc. -just two small rooms, a kitchen and a tiny toilet with a showerhead...)
I do realize this post seems a bit spoiled-minx-complaning-ish but I do miss going out and buying stuff for myself... (and today I just have such an urge to buy myself a tiny new Christmas hat even though I probably need a pair of warm winterboots more, guess I'll have to come up with the money somehow -maybe it can be the birthday present I never got?) I guess when you're a vintage collector of any kind you're used to going out hunting and hopefully do great bargains and therefore you don't feel that you're spending as much money as some people do on designer shoes, clothes and such. I know I spend far less than my non-vintage girlfriends -far less!
Anyway my wishlist has just grown and grown over the past two years to a ridiculus lenght... I guess it's a sort of escapism... ;)

So please..

Santa baby, just slip a sable under the tree, for me
Been an awful good girl
Santa baby so hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, a '54 convertible too, light blue,
I'll wait up for you dear
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight

Think of all the fun I've missed,
Think of all the fellows that I haven't kissed
Next year I could be just as good
If you check off my christmas list

Santa baby, I want a yacht and really thats not a lot
Been an angel all year
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa honey, one little thing I really need, the deed
To a platinum mine,
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa cutie, and fill my stocking with a duplex and cheques,
Sign your x on the line
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Come and trim my chirstmas tree,
With some decorations bought at Tiffany's
I really do believe in you,
Let's see if you believe in me

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring,
I don't mean on the phone ,
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight

Hurry down the chimney tonight
Hurry, tonight.





4 comments:

  1. I hope Santa brings you something special darling! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear that your family is struggling these days. Wishing you some sentimental Christmas magic this season ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *big hugs*
    Stick with it hun, hopefully it will get better for you soon. Don't worry, it doesn't sound spoiled-minx-complaining-ish, a problem shared is a problem halved after all and it's good to let it out. I think sometimes i take for granted the fact that i have an ok-ish job, i live pretty much rent free and i don't have anything like a mortgage or children to think about, so to read something like this reminds me how good i have it.
    You never know, Santa might bring you something lovely for Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kori.. I guess he always does somehow, a big loving family is better than anything, right?.. Hugs

    Thank you for your concern I'm feeling the magic already, HUzzah;)

    Thank you for letting me let it out, Stefanie.. Big hugs to you too!

    You guys are so sweet, I feel varm and fuzzy inside already...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...